Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

NPC: Xacanthamyr

My longest running campaign world.Image

Moderator: The Keeper

Sponsored by The Keeper
Hosted on RM2e.net

Board index  Worlds Kell

#1) 

NPC: Xacanthamyr

Post Number:#1  Postby The Keeper » 19 Sep 2010, 18:37

Xacanthamyr (Zaa-can-thim-ir) was one of my protaganists in the early Perth Theocracy campaign (with Morrind Lahl, Matt's PC). Xacanthamyr is a drow mage who has only one motive - revenge. I wrote out a couple of notes on his backstory. I like the NPC because, although he may be 'evil,' his only motivation is to destroy those who enslaved him. His evil is conditional and only visited upon those whom he is trying to destroy. He is merely indifferent to anyone else. I believe I had some other notes on him, but I'm not entirely sure where they are. Here is what I do have at the moment.

Xacanthamyr's Focus: He was captured by men of the Kûll (Cool) Szrath (Siz-rath) during the invasion of Ehlovar (during the rise of the Cammorian Dominion). The Kûll Szrath was one of the most feared Naoighiallach units. They tended to have very experienced combat veterans with heavy magical firepower. They were ruthless, but treated their bonded slaves well, or at least better than most Naoighiallach teams. As this type of slave is valuable property the leaders also went to extra lengths to ensure their safety. As a result the slaves tended to perform and work harder than most other teams. His crime was failure to obey orders from the group (clerics of Lorn) he was assisting. The Kûll Szrath was also attached [at this moment] to this group (the TaeKûll). In a particularly violent and chaotic fight with the elves, he refused to obey a crucial order that would have led to the death of many of his kinsmen (drow), the defeat of the elven force being engaged, and that would have left the clerics in control of a vital strategic point important to the drow. A destructive fight between him and the clerics ensued, allowing the elven force to flee, pursued by the drow. The battle of Saerlynrae became a victory for the drow and a bitter turn of luck for the order [Lorn]. He was captured during this battle, brought to his knees in utter defeat by the combined efforts of several [enraged and rathful] clerics. The sword of Sammael was the first to pierce his side and as a reward, he was bonded to him when he was finally subdued. This rite was done quickly in the heat of battle by priests from another group and the mages of the Kûll Szrath (their clerics being otherwise occupied or dispatched by Xacamthamyr) who knew the spell. The priests left their tokens with Sammael and then went their way. With the later death of Sammael [much later], he became haunted by the spirit of the man, clinging to his pathetic life through the bond. There is a constant war for control of his mind and his efforts to rid himself of this problem has led him to Perth and to the former members of the Kûll Szrath who might know where these priests are, as they are the only ones who can release him, or rather rid him of Sammael. Once accomplished they will be killed.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 17 Nov 2017, 17:49
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time

#2) 

Re: NPC: Xacanthamyr

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 19 Sep 2010, 18:55

Found my other notes!
Xacanthamyr is a Drow necromancer, formerly enslaved by the order (Lorn) and forced to do their bidding (as explained above). He was part of a 50 man blackcloak cohort known as the Kûll Szrath. This cohort, like many others used their slaves to further their ends. He is hunting down the remaining survivors of that group.

He won his freedom during the invasion of Perth in 2857. His master (Sammael) died a rather horrible and untimely death (although much later). Xacanthamyr dissapeared into the chaos of the area very quickly. He found reasonable shelter in Perth and has been living here ever since. Given the confusion in the invasion, the order has never missed him and thus has never looked for him. He keeps his identity private and well hidden.

Xacanthamyr seeks to redress the evil of his 120+ year forced servitude to the order. The recent rise of the rebellion has given him an excellent vehicle for this. Make NO mistake! Xacanthamyr is evil! However, in these desperate times the rebellion tends to look the other way, at least those not run by underground clerics of Kellina. Xacanthamyr is in contact with many of these groups, including the Ska'haran (Ska-hah-ron). He has seen Graesyn Nar, but not in some time. Reportedly, he is attempting to move Pattric vonAllyn into open rebeliion against the Dominion. This Xacanthamyr will not reveal to Morrind unless he is specifically asked where Nar is.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 17 Nov 2017, 17:49
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time