Loading...
Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

3325A1Bh

Current session summaries.

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Worlds Kell Sessions

#1) 

3325A1Bh

Post Number:#1  Postby The Keeper » 08 Aug 2008, 14:03

*Please note that underlined sentences indicate striked-out copy in the original document.

3325A1Bh.doc


Brief Notes/Recap

Nomahk is cleared, and Ean and Lars have had their crisis of faith. Unfortunately, due to errors on my part, the adventure was as Dave put it, a “paper tiger.” Concerns to address. 1. Phasing out Randall. It will be necessary to have Randall leave the party before Fenrid arrives. A plan involving a vengeful Atan has been hatched. 2. Must come up with some plan that utilizes the abilities of the characters, yet keeps them together. Interest is lost when the party goes in three different directions. 3. When introducing monsters to test the strength of the party, allow the party to get information about the creature, so that they may deal with it effectively. If the party, with the information, is still reluctant to engage the monster, then this is a good indicator of what they are capable of dealing with. 4. Cease with backhistory discussions with Matt. He doesn’t remember and it alienates Aaron. 5. Backoff on the story. The party wishes to deal with the matter (that you gave them!) at hand, namely getting to Meara.

Overview

Nick is intent on his party. Seeing this as a time to give him the information he desires, I will, however, use it to advantage. Problem 1 will begin to be solved at this party. The Silent Man has been invited to the party. The nobleman’s list included him. He will be introduced as Hugh vonArlen, the title he goes by in this company. Daemor (the nobleman) is unaware of his true identity. The Silent Man will contact Larry about his attendance and will ask him to be at the party. He has a matter of some importance, possibly to do with the party.
There will be twenty-one attendees at the party. They will reveal the following inside information:

• Black robed figures were present the night of the fall
• Meara is heavily defended by foreign soldiers who speak strangely
• The church has declared a “holy war” against the rebellious tribes
• Detainment of tribesmen caught inside Athenea is occuring by church/government
• Church has renewed its mission to stamp out “illegal” magic
• Church is quietly preparing to assault Geal Coill (Athenean order)
- The church will be using damanes in this assault (unknown to the public) which will have a devastating effect on the clan
• Church knights have been dispatched to the civil conflict
• Athenean order knights in Vassilisa have been ordered by the church to aid the new government
- By aiding Gregor Selde, the church is putting him in their debt.
• The church has recognized and sanctions the new governnment
• The MacCormick lands are heavily patrolled, but there have been no conflicts with the Danner family, who warily sits on their border watching.
• The Romananovs are not involving themselves in anything, and consequently their trade is not moving.
• The Harrels, typical of themselves are happily supporting whoever is in power and are currently trying to get Gregor Selde to recognize Vette Harrel as an overgoverness of Selde property inside Vassilisa. Gregor isn’t stupid, but the constant nattering might force him to give her a bone somewhere else
• The Demmerslings are privately aware of the church’s plans and are very enraged. Family guard will engage the Athenean order on Shining Tree lands. Since the church is trying to keep this quiet, they will be forced to ignore publicly anything that happens in this arena. However, privately, Archprelate Hubert Ignacious will now seek to do anything to destroy the Demmerslings.
• War bands in the 10 mile radius around the capitol
• War in the streets of Vassilisa by family soldiers
• HomeGuarde watching the war bands
• McCormick family is fighting desperately against the Demmerslings on their border. It is said that the Demmerslings will gain Latanai soon and will be in Lillian within the month. This will happen, but the church will gain its revenge by unleashing a combined attack with their allies on the fields of Sommerling. This battle will destroy much of Demmersling’s battle leaders who are not used to having magic hurled at them. Also, a failed assasination attempt by Athenean order clerics will leave the family shaken. Their recovery will not occur fast enough to enable the family to capitalize on their gains. It is all they can do to hold on to what they have. This is when Titus recalls his sons, but fate conspires against him and they are killed by clansmen on their way back.
• Numerous little family conspiracies. The following is the list of questions from Daggerfall. Use them to draw appropriate family conspiracy situations if Nick really wishes to find out this stuff.
1. On a clear day you chance upon a strange animal, its leg trapped in a hunter's clawsnare. Judging from the bleeding it will not survive long. Do you: a) Draw your dagger, mercifully ending its life with a single thrust? b) Do not interfere in the natural evolution of events, but rather take the opportunity to learn more about a strange animal that you have never seen before? c) Use herbs from your pack to put it to sleep, then free it from the clawsnare and take it somewhere where it can be safe, knowing that in doing so you will probably deprive a hunter and his family of sustenance?
2. One summer afternoon your father gives you a choice of chores. Would you rather: a) Work in the forge with him casting iron for a new plow? b) Gather herbs for your mother who is preparing dinner? c) Go catch fish at the stream using a net and line?
3. Your father and you are returning from the town market when you see a small boy running from a store. In his hands he clutches a loaf of bread. Behind him races the baker with a cleaver in his hands. You know that the boy must be hungry, but the town is suffering from a drought, which has made food valuable. Do you: a) Side with justice and urge your father to stop the boy? b) Help the poor waif by running into the baker's way? c) Stand out of the way and wait to see what your father decides, trusting his experience?
4. Your father tells you one night the story of his battle at Borim Valley, where his men had routed the enemy. They would have captured them all if not for the brave sacrifice of a young Sergeant on the opposing side, who held a pass long enough for his men to retreat to safety. He had done so knowing that it would cost him his life. If you had been that man would you have: a) Fled, rationalizing that your experience with battle tactics was too valuable to be wasted, and could make the difference later? b) Held the pass also, so that the men under your command could flee, though it meant your life? c) Searched for some means to distract the enemy so that your men might have the possibility of escaping, but not at the cost of your own life?
5. Your mother sends you to the market with a list of goods to buy. After you finish you find that by mistake a shopkeeper has given you too much money back in exchange for one of the items. Do you: a) Return to the store and give the shopkeeper his hard-earned money, explaining to him the mistake? b) Pocket the extra money, knowing that shopkeepers in general tend to overcharge customers anyway? c) Decide to put the extra money to good use and purchase items that would help your family?
6. While in a market place you witness a thief cut a purse from a noble. Even as he does so the noble notices and calls for the city guards. In his haste to get away, the thief drops the purse near you. Surprisingly, no one seems to notice the bag of coins at your feet. Do you: a) Pick up the bag and pocket it, knowing that the extra windfall will help your family in times of trouble? b) Pick up the bag and signal to the guard, knowing that the only honorable thing to do is return the money to its rightful owner? c) Leave the bag there, knowing that it is better not to get involved?
7. Your father sends you on a task which you loathe, cleaning the stables. On the way there, pitchfork in hand, you run into your friend from the homestead near your own. He offers to do it for you, in return for a future favor of his choosing. Do you: a) Decline his offer, knowing that your father expects you to do the work, and it is better not to be in debt? b) Accept his offer, reasoning that as long as the stables are cleaned, it matters not who does the cleaning? c) Ask him to help you, knowing that two people can do the job faster than one, and agree to help him with one task of his choosing in the future?
8. Your mother asks you to help fix the stove. While you are working, a very hot pipe slips its moorings and falls towards her. Do you: a) Push your mother out of the way? b) Grab the hot pipe and try and push it away? c) Position yourself between the pipe and your mother?
9. While in town the baker gives you a sweetroll. Delighted, you take it into an alley to enjoy, only to be intercepted by a gang of three other kids your age. The leader demands the sweetroll, or else he and his friends will beat you and take it. Do you: a) Drop the sweetroll and step on it, then get ready for the fight? b) Give him the sweetroll now without argument, knowing that later this afternoon you will have all your friends with you and can come and take whatever he owes you? c) Act like you're going to give him the sweetroll but at the last minute throw it in the air, hoping that they'll pay attention to it long enough for you to get a shot in on the leader?
10. Entering town you find that you are witness to a very well dressed man running from a crowd. He screams to you for help. The crowd behind him seems very angry. Do you: a) Rush to the man's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances? b) Rush to the town's aid immediately, despite your lack of knowledge of the circumstances? c) Stand aside and allow the man and mob to pass, realizing that it is probably best not to get involved?
11. You and your best friend buy your first daggers together, a matched pair. You loan him the amount since he doesn't have enough gold, and he agrees to pay you back later. After leaving the shop you and he sit down to marvel at your new weapons. To your dismay you notice that there is a small notch on the blade of the dagger you selected. Your friend asks you to please watch his weapon for him while he runs an errand. Do you: a) Wait for your friend's return then point out the flaw in your dagger and return to the weapons shop to demand a refund. b) Switch the daggers, rationalizing that since you paid for them you should get the first choice, and that if your friend ever notices the notch, you could always take him back to the weapon shop and get a refund? c) Keep his dagger safe until his return, then switch the daggers with your best friend's knowledge, justifying it with the fact that you paid for them, and then offer to accompany him back to the weapons shop?
12. You are at weapons practice. Your Armsmaster is very old now, but takes his teaching very seriously. You have heard him say it is all he has left in life. Today he has ceaselessly taunted you at every mistake. Finally he asks you to attack him with the same technique you just did, in an effort to show you the proper execution. Do you: a) Do the technique just fast enough so that he can block it, knowing that it is more important to allow the master to retain dignity, regardless of your personal feelings? b) Attack him at full speed, knowing that you could probably score the hit and justify his unfair treatment of you by showing the class that you were actually doing it right? c) Refuse and leave practice, unable to compromise your anger with his dignity, and realizing that whatever course you choose would cause you to lose respect for either him or for yourself?
13. While throwing a ball to you your friend breaks a window on his house. His father rushes out and demands to know who broke the window. You know that your friend's father is a strict disciplinarian and will punish your friend severely if he takes the blame. You on the other hand, not being his son, could get away virtually unscathed. Do you: a) Raise your hand and take the blame before your friend can answer? b) Remain silent and not get involved? c) Point at your friend, knowing that anything else would probably delay the inevitable and make things just that much worse for him?
14. Your Armsmaster during a lesson on strategy remarks, 'The best victory is to completely and totally humiliate your opponent'. He then turns to you and asks you if you agree with him. You know the Armsmaster has been in numerous life and death conflicts and has the experience of a seasoned warrior. Do you: a) Agree with his remark, knowing that at this moment your experience is not enough to justify any stance but total agreement with whatever your Armsmaster says, a man who has dedicated his life to strategy? b) Disagree with his remark, reasoning that it must be some type of test, and that the truth will only come from opposition with his opinion, and not sheep-like agreement? c) Refuse to answer the question, choosing to withhold an opinion until you have more experience and can converse on the subject in an intelligent manner with him?
15. The senior student in your weapons class has trounced you unmercifully for the past several years. Today is the Tournament of Students and you find with dismay that you are paired against him for your first match. As you prepare your friend approaches and offers to tell you of an injury the senior student suffered in yesterday's sparring class, which you missed. Do you: a) Accept the offer, knowing that it would allow you to concentrate on the injured area and greatly increase your chances of beating him? b) Refuse the offer, knowing that win or lose you would rather do it through your own skill and not some extra knowledge in what should be a fair and honorable fight? c) Accept the offer, reasoning that it is better to have the knowledge in case you need it, and realizing that having the knowledge does not necessarily mean using it?
16. An old man stops you on the way to market, claiming to have been robbed. He is lying on the trail and seems gravely injured. He asks you to run to town and get the constable. You give him your word that you will go directly to town and bring the constable back. As you make your way back you notice a suspicious man creeping along another trail. He doesn't seem to notice you yet. Do you: a) Follow the man, reasoning that if this man is the robber you could lead the constable directly to him and safeguard other travelers, although it would mean breaking your word? b) Take note of him but continue on, reasoning that the man on the trail is hurt too badly to stop, regardless of any other consideration? c) Take note of him but continue on, reasoning that your word is your bond and that it takes precedence over anything else?
17. While fishing one sunny afternoon you find that the boots which you discarded are now full of ants who are busily making their way from a piece of bread you dropped to their anthill. Do you: a) Pick up the boots wash all the ants off now, even though you are not leaving until dusk? b) Watch the ants, curious as to how they work so efficiently, and content to live and let live? c) Make boats out of leaves and then send each ant down the stream to pass the time until a fish bites?
18. You hear the Armsmaster remark during weapons class, 'The intent of your opponent can be seen in his blade'. Many of the students scoff at this, though not openly. Do you: a) Feel that the disrespect the students show at this points to something which they do not understand, and therefore causes you to focus your efforts on understanding it all the more? b) Feel that he means the way the opponent attacks and moves shows you how he feels? c) Realize that Armsmaster Festil should not be the object of scorn, but rather one of respect, for he has lived a full life and survived things none of the students could imagine?
19. The town has a lottery in which the winning chit is called. You look in shock as the winning chit number matches your own! Before you can say anything another family walks forward. You have seen them before and know that they are extremely poor. Your family on the other hand could do without the 100 gold piece prize. Do you: a) Say nothing and allow the other family to claim the prize? b) Stand and show your chit, knowing that the prize is rightfully yours? c) Stand and show your chit, and offer to split the prize in half with the other family?
20. Your Armsmaster poses a question one day to his class. A company of 100 men is attempting to flee from the enemy. There are two paths out of the broken stronghold. One path will kill half the men under the officers command, but the other half would survive. The other path has a fifty percent chance that everyone would die, but also a fifty percent chance that everyone would survive. As the commanding officer, would you: a) Choose the path that would guarantee half your men would survive? b) Choose the path that has a fifty percent chance that all would survive, and a fifty percent chance that all would perish? c) Turn the choice over to the men and let them decide by majority vote which path they should commit themselves to?
21. You have a great aunt and a great uncle living in two different nearby villages, both of whom have asked your father to allow you to live with them for a few weeks. Your father knows where he plans to send you, but he is curious about your opinion. Given the choice, would you rather: a) Live with your great aunt -- a wise old woman of considerable wealth. Living in luxury for a few weeks could not only be enlightening, it could also be very interesting. b) Live with your great uncle -- a sick old man who has always been something of a stranger to you. A few weeks with him may be ardorous, but he is in more need of your help than your great aunt. c) Think of a way to divide your time between your great aunt and great uncle. Perhaps you will not be able to spend as much time with either as much as you would like, but neither would be left out.
22. A friend has on several occassions made remarks about how much he likes a particular gold ring of yours. One day you discover that this ring is missing and after making a thorough search, find it in a coat your friend had left in your pantry. Are you most inclined to: a) Ask your friend how he came about the ring, reasoning that it is highly probable that he found it and meant to return it to you. b) Confront him with his theft. You know that there is no way the ring just fell into his pocket by accident, and therefore he is nothing but a common thief who would betray you for material gain. c) Say nothing, deciding instead to wait and see what your friend does. If he is innocent or guilty, you will know by whatever actions he takes. At that time, you can confront him with the truth.
23. A good friend of yours is in love with a girl from a neighboring village, a girl who barely knows him. He is extremely shy and inexperienced, and he pleads for your help. Would you suggest he: a) Go to her immediately and declare his love. If the relationship is to be, he needs to be honest from the start. You offer to accompany him to the village for support. b) Find out more about this girl using any contact he can find in her village. He will not be so shy if he knows something about her, and may even find out she is not the right girl for him.c) Let you help him write anonymous love letters and poems to see her reaction without needing to face her directly. If the reaction is favorable, he can talk to her friends in the village and arrange an "accidental" meeting.
24. Your Armmaster is relating the story of a great king he knew in a faraway land whose inventors created a wondrous balloon of such size, it could transport dozens of people through the air to any place they chose. If you were this king, he asks you, how would you use this remarkable balloon? Would you: a) Explore regions previously impossible or extremely dangerous to visit by land. b) Keep the balloon a secret, saving it for surprise attacks or defense in a time of war. c) Commission the inventor to create dozens of these 'balloons' in hopes of making a travel system across your realm that will speed up transportation time and the exchange of ideas.
25. There is a lot of heated discussion at the local tavern over a group of people called 'Telepaths'. They have been hired by certain City-State kings. Rumor has it these Telepaths read a person's mind and tell their lord whether a follower is telling the truth or not. You believe: a) That this is a terrible practice. A person's thoughts are his own and no one, not even a king, has the right to make such an invasion into another human's mind. b) Loyal followers to the King have nothing to fear from a Telepath. It is important to have a method of finding assassins and spies before it is too late. c) In these times, it is a necessary evil. Although you do not necessarily like the idea, a Telepath could have certain advantages during a time of war or in finding someone innocent of a crime.
26. You are told that a young man has been caught by the village guards and accused of murder. Apparently, his brother was killed by a group of four ruffians in a local tavern, and in his grief, the young man tracked each of them down and murdered them. Upon reflection, you believe that: a) The young man acted honorably in avenging his brother's death. The village lord should let him go free. b) Even as you sympathize with the young man, vigilante law cannot be tolerated if there is to be peace. c) The young man's only mistake was getting caught while exacting vengance. For that, he now must accept whatever fate has in store for him.
27. One night, walking home, you are attacked by a young man you know from class. You defend yourself ably and knock him unconscious. While he is out, you: a) Tie him up, intending to interrogate him later when he wakes up. You want to know why he attacked you. You can then turn him into the Armsmaster at your leisure. b) Slit his throat. You know him from class, and think he would have done the same had your positions been reversed. c) Leave him with a visible scar, the knowledge of his defeat at your hands and the visible reminder punishment enough for one who has resorted to such dishonorable tactics.
28. Your father delights in telling you stories of his travels in his youth. In one memorable tale, he tells you about a primitive island he visited where a young child was sacrificed once a year to appease Arius, the God of Fire. Whenever the natives neglected the sacrifice, the island volcano would erupt, killing hundreds of villagers. You tell your father: a) You do not believe in any such Volcano God. Civilized men should intervene, find the natural cause behind the eruptions, and stop the sacrifices. b) The God Arius must be evil to demand child sacrifice. The villagers should find some way to combat this God, instead of just giving in to his demands. c) It is tragic, but the death of one small child is preferable to that of many villagers. If it works, they should keep the tradition. Gods are not to be toyed with.
29. Your Armsmaster introduces a new student to the class - a small, awkward boy named Tys who does not seem to have any natural talent at all. The class is divided into two sides for a mock battle and, as one of the 'generals', you are to assign your soldiers. Tys is one of your men. You decide to: a) Put Tys at the frontline with the other fighters, rationalizing that in any realistic battle, he would probably be a casualty anyway, and that there must be some sacrifices. b) Use Tys as a scout, rationalizing that because of his small size he would probably be good at sneaking in and gathering information on the enemy.c) Assign Tys to several posts during the course of the battle, staying near and helping him so he can gain valuable experience and improve.
30. Your mother is terribly ill and you have been sent with a few gold pieces to buy some rare, medicinal herbs for her. As you reach the door to the apothecary's, you realize there is a hole in your purse and all the gold has fallen out. Do you: a) Enter the store, tell the apothecary your dilemma, and promise on your honor to pay him back for the herbs your mother so desperately needs. b) Attempt to steal the herbs from the apothecary's. You know the old man who works in the store will not be able to catch you, and your mother lies sick. c) Run back home and admit the loss, hoping that your father will have more gold. You know you'll be punished, but you will neither be in debt to the apothecary, nor will you be a thief.
31. A boat you are in is suddenly caught in a tremendous whirlpool. As the current reaches an impossible velocity, the little boat begins springing leaks and starts to sink under the vortex. You can see no way out that does not promise death, so you: a) Pick up a bucket and begin bailing furiously, hoping to keep the boat afloat just a few more seconds. b) Sit back and accept your fate, choosing to die with a sense of decorum and nobility, not as a commoner who fears the unknown. c) Dive into the churning current. You may only be hastening your own death, but at least you are doing something.
32. You're hunting in the King's Hunt, a contest in which the best hunter will win riches enough to live comfortably for the rest of his or her life. You track a white stag many of you had shot at earlier. You are alone as you examine the stag and recognize the arrow as one fired from your friend's bow. As you retrieve the arrow for closer examination you hear your friends arrive. Do you: a) Claim to have fired the arrow that hit the stag, thus gaining the honor for the kill? b) Show the others the arrow and proclaim your friend the archer of the day? c) Suggest dividing the prize, reasoning that although your friend's arrow brought down the hart, all of you were instrumental in the tracking and the kill?
33. One night after Tales and Tallows, you look at the horde of treats you have collected and find lots of brandied plums, a treat you particularly dislike. You know your younger cousin likes them. Do you: a) Give her all your brandied plums? b) Trade the brandied plums for something she does not really like but you do? c) Pretend that they are excellent brandied plums and see if she will give up something really good in exchange?
34. Your cousin has given you a very embarassing nickname and, even worse, likes to call you it in front of your friends. You have asked him to stop, but he finds it very amusing to watch you blush. What do you do?: a) Make up an even more embarassing nickname for him and use it constantly until he learns his lesson. b) Make up a story that makes your nickname a badge ofü honor instead of something humiliating. c) Beat up your cousin, then tell him that if he ever calls you that nickname again, you will bloody him worse than this time.
35. Othisa, a friend, has been beaten by a boy several years older than either you or her. She asks for your help. Are you more inclined to: a) Gather a bunch of friends together and ambush the boy, teaching him a lesson about bullying. b) Tell Othisa to avoid the bully - no reason to make things worse than they are. c) Challenge the older boy, knowing that you will probably take a beating, but confident that if you do it enough times, he will move on to pick on someone who is an easier target.
36. Your parents are having a party for several relatives. While helping around the house, you see your cousin slip into a darkened room. Curious, you follow and discover him slipping a silver candlestick into his jacket. He is an honorable boy, but you know his family has suffered some recent financial hardship. He has not seen you yet. Do you: a) Clear your throat and tell him to put the candlestick back, reassuring him that your parents can help him if his family is in trouble, but he should not resort to stealing. b) Close the door behind you and say nothing. Your family can live without the candlestick, but your cousin's family obviously cannot. c) Treat him like any other burgler. Lock him in the room and call for your father. If he chooses to be merciful because of your cousin's poverty, that is his decision. It is your father's candlestick, after all.
37. While exploring the woods with two other adventurers, you come across a small, abandoned hut that seems to have once belonged to a mage. Looking through the window, you see the remains of a laboratory, many potions and scrolls still on the shelves. Geotina, who thinks you a cowardly sort, suggests breaking into the shack and exploring. Another fighter named Hunard suggests going to town to find out more information. You advise: a) Going into town. They are more familiar with the area and may have important information about this hut and the surrounding area. b) Breaking into the shack, but leaving one person on the outside in case something goes wrong. You should investigate new things, not run away from them.c) Daring Geotina to go in first. If there is a trap, she can trip it, then you and Hunard can go in and explore at your leisure.
38. It is a particularly grueling class. Your Armsmaster has been unreasonably demanding on everyone, including you. His criticisms border on abuse, and it seems he has no positive comments to make. He turns to berate you at the end of class, and over his shoulder, you see some classmates put an aggressive but non-poisonous snake in his hand sack. You would: a) Do nothing. The great Armsmaster needs a dose of humility and this might be a good way of paying him back for all the misery he has put you through today. b) Tell him you saw a snake creep into his hand sack, but do not tell him what your classmates did. No reason to get anyone in even further trouble. c) Immediately tell him what the classmates did. There is no excuse for treating a seasoned fighter like him with disrespect, regardless of his treatment to you that particular day.
39. Because you expressed interest, your Armsmaster told you a few hints about recognizing magical weaponry. Later you are practicing archery with a few friends. One boy who was never a strong archer has become something of a sharpshooter. You suddenly realize that he is using magical arrows. What do you do?: a) Tell the others about the arrows. In a friendly archery match, using magical arrows is cheating. b) Tell your friend you noticed that he was using magical arrows, and if he doesn't get you some, you will tell the Armsmaster and the others the reason behind his improvement. c) Say nothing. If you have a need for magical arrows you can always mention something to him later. After all, magic is not really a cheat, it is a different skill.
40. Practicing alone, you develop a new fighting style you are very excited about. When you mention it to your Armsmaster, he tells you it would never work in practical combat. Do you: a) Use the new style in the middle of a class spar. When it works, he will be forced to admit its practicality or give a reason for not accepting it. b) Keep asking him questions about it, focusing on details of the form to find his objection. Eventually he will have to give a more specific criticism. c) Accept his word without question. Your Armsmaster has been fighting since your grandfather's day. He knows a flawed style when he sees it, and it is better not to waste his or your time asking why.

• Finally, the main event: The Silent Man has brought a mysterious woman with him to this event. Her name is BenAdara Leya and she is an Atan, although she will not reveal that unless pressed. She is searching for those who killed her master, Lathros (hahahahahahahahahahahahahah) ☺!!!!!!! Good joke on the party. It seems she needs to find these people, and return with them to Atana to do two things. 1, atone for her failure to protect her master, 2 gain her majority by proving that in her atonement she has done worthy service. Now. I realize that neither Nick or Larry will wish to travel to Atana for this. However, that is not the point. She will reveal her society in her discussions with the party (since the Silent Man is delivering her to them), and it is the intent to get Randall interested enough that he will wish to travel there with her, thus getting rid of him before Fenrid shows up. Now if you reveal slowly to him that this is part of the story, he will be that much more into going, especially if he realizes that the woman who jumped him has Atan blood. Also. Hugh will ask Larry to get him the jade necklace of Madam Rosca before the night is over. He is anticipating a boring night and this is his amusement, but Larry doesn’t know that. Unfortunately, this necklace resides in the lady’s ample cleavage and she is quite a social debutante.
• Finally. As the party is getting along quite well, it will be disturbed. 12 Gremlins will come tearing into the home. 4 of them are Type II and have the ability to cast the first three spells from the Flesh Destruction list at will, but following PP rules for usage. The general idea is to create a mass pandemonium, but the four Type II gremlins are after the party. Note. If it appears that this will upset Aaron by having his party crashed, hold off until the party turns in for the night.

To solve one of the last problems, I have this solution. There is safety in numbers, and when the party as a whole is
threatened, they will tend to stick together. To this end, the Savant and the Duke are now going to create problems for the party. The Duke, due to Tran’s information knows that Nick is around. Couple this with the recent events surrounding the Circle (with which the Duke is highly involved) and with the Savant’s problems with the church, the group is now wanted. The militia has been instructed to seek them out (just recently) and “detain” them. If they have to kill them, then oh well. The Duke has dispatched his own men to seek the group out, and the Savant has also sent hired men to do the same job. Thus, the party is now facing assasins of all types (but not magically inclined). This is a plot device designed to be used in the following manner. If the party decides to split up, hit them with X amount of assasins so that they stick together in what they are doing. Pretty soon, they won’t want to separate and will become used to being together. Since the Silent Man will become aware that this is a group, he will pass the word in his network that they are not to be hassled and that if seen with Larry when he does his work, they are to be treated as trustable.

Getting to the border. The party will have to journey in the direction of Nomahk to get to where they are going. This now means wandering monsters. It is important that the party knows what they are fqacing before they encouner it. So, show them what the creature(s) can do before just laying it on them. They will encounter the following before the border post:

Blaster Beetle (C&TIII) The party will encounter rustlings in the bushes. If they investigate they will have the opportunity to discover the holes that the beetle has dug. The beetle has a +35 bonus on camouflage. If it makes a hard, the party will have to make a hard perception. If they make that, then follow the rules on contested roles. They save against the beetle’s rank (5) to find the hole. If the beetle did not make the roll, then a simple hard perception will find it. The beetle can hear and is aware of them. It is important that the party figures out the fireball feature of this creature. Conconct some kind of situation so that this happens. Treasure – Bright green robe, +2 Essence Adder, 40sp.

Panthershark (C&TII) Can leap & land as per Lofty Bridge spells. +75 Stalk/Hide. The party will see the creature in action. They can decide to face it or not.

Gremlins The new version. They are finally getting smart so run them in this manner. Give the party enough chances to spot them, but if they blow a surprise roll, the Gremlins will act as a group (4) on them and drop on them from the trees. They will double claw in the first attack. There will be one group that carries short swords, and another that has a net.

Militia/Assasins Whatever is appropriate. Use some type of fighter stats. If the party gets lucky, they may come upon an encampment.

Finally, Borreaux. With Ean out of the picture, things may be a little more difficult, but let’s see what the party can come up with. Borreaux will be more than happy to sign off on a pass in order to get rid of them, once they get to speak with them. Note that Borreaux is not any kind of major character and will later meet his demise when his men refuse to follow a bad order and turn on him.
Once the party has crossed the border they won’t have any real problems. The HomeGuard is a military entity and although controlled by nobles they have no real reason to obstruct travelers with a border pass. The first city after the border is Vega. Lathros and his people however, have some difficulties. They cannot freely cross the border and so will lose the location of the party for a while. The gremlins, however, find their own ways across.
Vega This is a small border city with a thriving lumber trade. The trade has been crippled by the closing of the border and the baron here is not happy. The party will find out lots of information on the current state of things here (see party info.). The baron has loyaltys to Nick’s family, but unless an incident is precipitated by the party they will not know this. Events will set themselves up for the party here and the party will have to make their decisions on how to procede from Vega. Since the situation could go anywhere at this point, writing ahead will wait for the party’s actions to solidify things. Note, that Vega is in Harrel territory as denoted by the new map. The Romananovs side with the Harrels which is why I mention this. Consequently, there are many Harrels here. However, the Romananovs are only on the Harrel’s side since they are a small family and they have to deal with the Harrels for trade. Now this can go two ways. Since the party is portraying themselves as Harrels they will be able to pass securely. But if they go anonymously, they won’t be treated as well. If they are found out as to their true identity, they will have a hard time getting out of the area.

Depending on the course of the evening, the following may be played. Currently in Vega. There is a serious strutting of the Harrel family and their retainers here. The party will more than likely be hit up for duels if they are seen as strangers, and even if not it may still happen. The arrogance is sickening given the fact that nothing is moving in the way of trade. The common folk are dispirited and the city has begun to police the countryside. Abuses there are now becoming commonplace. It is possible for the party to face some young yahoos if they stay at any farm outside the city. *Note that the Duke’s men will not have a problem getting across the border. These people will make their contacts and then things will get difficult for the party.

Show post links

User avatar
The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Topic author
Posts: 381
Age: 47
Joined: 25 May 2005, 22:00
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Local time: 23 Nov 2017, 18:39
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 1 time
Real Name: Erik Youngren




  Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron