Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

My world

Your worlds.

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Worlds General

#1) 

My world

Post Number:#1  Postby ghyle » 24 Mar 2008, 15:11

I've just started making notes, and getting material together to make my world. The basic conception is that it will form a sort of ringworld, a band of land that is approximately twice the size of the world in diameter.

There is one basic climate, hot, humid and wet -- wet tropical, in other words, and there are going to be a number of reptilian and tropical rainforest races, as well as numerous crumbling empires and deserted cities.

I am going to utilise something akin to Ballard's crystalline area, as per his novel, as one of the campaign's major nemesises.

Show post links

ghyle

Topic author

#2) 

Re: My world

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 24 Mar 2008, 16:37

I'm not familiar with Ballard. But your world concept sounds very interesting. I don't imagine this is the first world you have created though - correct?

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Local time: 22 Nov 2017, 15:14
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time

#3) 

Re: My world

Post Number:#3  Postby ghyle » 25 Mar 2008, 01:58

Basically, the novel is based on the idea that patches of the world are being changed into patches of a crystalline material, ground, plants, animals, etc., and the novel is set around one of these areas, in Africa. My idea is that certain foci for essence flows are being transformed into crystal, that, in a century or so, the crystal will have consumed the whole world, leading to the prophesied destruction of the world. The players, when I get them, may have something to say about that.

And ye, it is not my first world, although I have played Rolemaster more in Middle Earth than otherwise.

Show post links

ghyle

Topic author