Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

Google

News and information about the board. Look here to find out the latest announcements. Image

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Wandering Monk Site News and Feedback

#1) 

Google

Post Number:#1  Postby The Keeper » 13 Nov 2010, 10:12

Just a note. If you do a Google search for Rolemaster Forums you will find this site on the first page. The SEO mods, the webring, submitting a sitemap to Google have paid off. We're now listed two places above the RM rulings (a couple days ago it was two places below). And slowly we are climbing up the page.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 19 Nov 2017, 12:32
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time

#2) 

Re: Google

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 01 Jan 2011, 14:49

Looks like we have managed to get back on the first page of Google results! Google recently changed it's search algorythym and we have not been on the first page for a while. The WebRing is also doing us a good turn because the site description is listed in the top 20 on the first page of a Google search.

We also seem to be getting quite a few visitors. I can't tell yet though if that's mainly spammers trying to register or real people looking around.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author

#3) 

Re: Google | Bing | Yahoo

Post Number:#3  Postby The Keeper » 04 Feb 2011, 11:10

Today, (2.4.11) I also submitted the site to Yahoo and Bing. With all three search engines I have verfication files on our server so Google, Bing and Yahoo know this site is legit and open to be searched by their bots and crawlers.

Note too that Google's recent change in their search algorythm is to our benefit. They are weighting original content more heavily. Excluding the links to this page via the webring we are about halfway down the page if you search for 'rolemaster forums.'

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#4) 

Post Number:#4  Postby The Keeper » 12 Feb 2011, 11:59

Woo Hoo! We are now 39th on page 1 of a Google search for "rolemaster forums" We are still number 7 via the webring. But we are climbing up!

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#5) 

Post Number:#5  Postby The Keeper » 12 Feb 2011, 14:25

29 on a Google search for "rolemaster discussions" and in just a search for "rolemaster" we are on page three towards the bottom.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#6) 

Post Number:#6  Postby The Keeper » 19 Feb 2011, 09:25

We are now in the top ten of a Google search for "Rolemaster Forums." In that same list, the webring has us at number six!

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#7) 

Post Number:#7  Postby The Keeper » 24 Feb 2011, 19:46

I discovered today that AOL uses Google for it's search! A quick search of 'Rolemaster Forums' on AOL reveals us to be the third listing!

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#8) 

Post Number:#8  Postby The Keeper » 24 Feb 2011, 21:55

OK! Number 6 now in a Google search for 'Rolemaster Forums' AND we are now on page one for a general search of the term 'Rolemaster.'

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author

#9) 

Post Number:#9  Postby The Keeper » 19 Mar 2011, 11:49

Well, we are now at number 2 in a search for "Rolemaster Forums" on Bing. Right behind Iron Crown itself. That places us at number 2 on Yahoo as well as Yahoo uses Bing's search engine. We are still out aways when it comes to a search just for Rolemaster. And there have been a few setbacks which I expected when I removed the "Topic, View Forum and Index" terms from the page names. On Google itself we are holding at number 6, right behind my post at phpBBhacks.com.

In the grand scheme of things I can't really ask for better SEO (well, I probably could) as I admin this place solely by myself. So I'm happy. We're out there and if someone searches they will find us.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author