Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

wanderingmonk.net

News and information about the board. Look here to find out the latest announcements. Image

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Wandering Monk Site News and Feedback

#1) 

wanderingmonk.net

Post Number:#1  Postby The Keeper » 01 Jan 2011, 15:40

I have just resecured my old domain of wanderingmonk.net which was owned for the last couple of years by someone else who let it lapse this year. I will now be in the process of linking the forums to that domain.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 21 Nov 2017, 06:47
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time

#2) 

Re: wanderingmonk.net

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 02 Jan 2011, 15:59

OK. After talking to tech support from my webhost I've got the wanderingmonk domain aliased to rm2e.net. They are now working on things so that I can have a separate site at the top level of both domains.

The end result will be that forums.rm2e.net and forums.wanderingmonk.net come here while rm2e.net and wanderingmonk.net are two separate sites.

EDIT: Well, tech support took care of the other issue. Now I just have to figure out how to get this domain mod working so users logged in at forums.rm2e.net will also be logged in at forums.wanderingmonk.net.
Last edited by The Keeper on 02 Jan 2011, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Additional Info

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author

#3) 

Re: wanderingmonk.net

Post Number:#3  Postby The Keeper » 05 Feb 2011, 17:50

This is working — sort of. If you login twice, once at each domain then you can switch domains interchangeably. Log out of one domain and it logs you out of the other (which is actually behavior I'd expect). But I don't care for the having to login twice, once per domain. Does not seem to be any answers to this from the MOD author. I checked all the code and it's right.

EDIT (2.5.2011): Well, after successfully messing things up so the boards would not store cookies (which keeps you logged in) I have disabled the MOD. Perhaps I can renable it later. For now, I will have to figure out another way to promote the use of our wanderingmonk.net domain.
Last edited by The Keeper on 05 Feb 2011, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disabled MOD

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Topic author