Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

Adding images to your posts

Iinformation on how to use the various features and MODfifications of the Wandering Monk forums.

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Wandering Monk Site News and Feedback Forum Features

#1) 

Adding images to your posts

Post Number:#1  Postby The Keeper » 26 Feb 2011, 16:16

You can add images to your posts here on the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums in several ways. If you are an old hand at BBCode then you can use the traditional way of uploading your image to your host and placing the code in the text area. However, I have provided two ways here to make this easier for the user. The first method is uploading to Imageshack using the "Insert image from imageshack button on the toolbar." This is a relatively easy option installed by the ABBCB3 MOD, but it requires the extra steps of selecting the code after the upload and then pasting it into the text editing area. The second option is to upload to Postimage by clicking on the text link to the bottom left of the text editing box that says "Add image to post." I prefer this method as it automatically copies the code for you when finished and pastes the code into the text area.

See below for the screenshot of where to click to upload.

Below are your options for uploading:
Option 1: Imageshack : Click on the "insert image from imageshack button in the toolbar. A window like this will pop open. Image

Click on the browse button and browse to your image. Then click Upload Now. Image

Your image begins to upload…Image

When done, Imageshack presents you with this screen: Image

Now, all you have to do is select the proper code, copy and then paste it in to the text area and you are done.

Option 2: Postimage : Click on the Add image to post text link at the bottom left of the text area.

A window like this will pop open. Image

Click on the browse button and browse to your image. Then click Upload It.
Your image begins to upload…Image

Here is where the easy part comes in! After the image is done uploading the popup window will redirect, close and the link to your image will be placed inside the text area with the BBCode. No copy/paste required.

A few things. Neither Imageshack or Postimage require you to have an account, but if you do register you can create albums. Furthermore, you can go back to those albums and get the code for your images once again. If you don't have an account and you happen to lose the link code then you will have to reupload your images to get a new code. I highly recommend registering. Postimage utilizes Javascript to work so you need to make sure javascript is on when using it and you also need to make sure that popups are allowed for this forum. Otherwise the upload window is likely to close on you before you can do anything.

As I mentioned previously, my preference is to upload to Postimage. But of course, this is your preference.

If you have any questions on any of this, please let us know!

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 23 Nov 2017, 13:08
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time

#2) 

Re: Adding images to your posts

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 19 Mar 2011, 10:50

Note that you may also use a third option. Using the Upload Attachment tab at the bottom of the posting area you can upload multiple images directly. You have to keep adding them one by one by returning to the Upload Attachment tab. I have enabled the settings to display these images inline with thumbnails. Note that these will come at the end of your post so the other two methods above may be better for you if you wish to have images throughout your post. Also note that the last uploaded image displays first and then so on down the list.

However, one neat feature of doing this is that you can see images with the forums own internal lightbox display. Something you can't do (yet, I'm working on it) with images uploaded using the other methods.

I will update the first post of this topic with this information soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Topic author
Local time: 23 Nov 2017, 13:08
Online: 20d 17h 40m 4s
Have thanks: 1 time