Welcome to the Wandering Monk Rolemaster Forums. Click here to register with us.

Second-by-second combat

Discussions about the second edition of Rolemaster.

Moderator: The Keeper

Board index  Rolemaster Rolemaster 2nd Edition

#1) 

Second-by-second combat

Post Number:#1  Postby ghyle » 24 Mar 2008, 15:05

Have you ever tried any of the various different versions of second-by-second combat, and, if so, how were they for you? Back when I was playing 3nd ed, I eventually started to work on an integrated system, with bits and pieces from all of the 7 companions. I had limited the skills to 50 -- for example -- and I was planning on a second-by-second combat, but I had to move, and had to give up roleplaying entirely, for a number of years. It's only recently that I've restarted playing, and am working on getting a new group together, but that's another story.

Anyway, I was hoping then to use a second-by-second combat, and I never got the chance to test it out. A pity, really. I'd love to hear how successful it could be before trying it again for RMFRP.

Show post links

ghyle

Topic author

#2) 

Re: Second-by-second combat

Post Number:#2  Postby The Keeper » 24 Mar 2008, 16:45

I haven't. But then that was just simply because for myself I've got my hands full just trying to remember whose turn it is.

I had myself begun to integrate all of the companions into one streamlined (for me) set of rules. I've got most of it worked out, but I need to actually sit down and scribble out what I'm keeping and throwing away, then make copies of all the charts/tables, etc. One of my big things though (to me) was that at one point I scoured all of the books for all of the skills and I actually laid them all down. I have an 8-10 page character sheet I did in QuarkXPress 4 that has all of it. I use that sheet when I game with people that have gotten familiar with the game.

Show post links

The Keeper
Site Admin
Site Admin
Progress to next rank:
36.5%
Accolyte
Accolyte

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Local time: 23 Aug 2019, 11:12
Online: 20d 18h 59m 51s
Have thanks: 1 time

#3) 

Re: Second-by-second combat

Post Number:#3  Postby ghyle » 25 Mar 2008, 01:54

that game sheet sounds cool

I plan on getting as many of the RMSS and RMFRP books as I can, most as PDFs.

Show post links

ghyle

Topic author